Australia Travel Careers Council has been established by passionate industry leaders to address the critical issue of future staff shortages impacting on the travel industry.
MissionTo act as a focal point to attract more people into the travel industry and retain existing staff that will benefit the interests of all.
- Profile the travel industry as an industry career of choice
- Educate people about the range of career paths available in the travel industry
- Attract 320,000 people over 10 years in all areas of travel & tourism Australia wide??
- Identify how many people are currently employed in the travel & tourism industry by sector and then build a plan to address the staffing shortages in these sectors.
- Assisting the industry to retain staff.
- Awareness raising of the benefits of the travel industry as a career choice in the wider community as well as within the travel sector
- Key messages to people at the outset of their careers and return to work
- Strategies to encourage and manage the mature worker
- Strategies to bring in people from other industries
- Consultation with educational institutions
- Research on staffing trends in the industry